Sunday, April 3, 2011

BBQ sauce


Rick always loved BBQ. One day he said, "lets try to make our own sauce." I said, Ok we will. So I did some investigating on the internet and he brought home a cookbook of BBQ dishes. So from that recipe book we took one particular recipe and made it our own. This is great to use over ribs, chicken or even smoked tenderloin. I really don't use much bottled BBQ sauce, but when I do it is Kraft. I prefer this recipe. It is very easy. It is a sweet sauce so if you like it hot, you will have to investigate how to accomplish that feat. I'd really rather have sweet. Here goes!


Rick and Myra's BBQ Sauce

3 cups ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 large sweet (vidalia if in season) onions chopped and sauteed in 1 tbsp oil
1/4 to 1/2 tsp minced garlic (I buy a small jar already minced and keep it in the fridge)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar (I use light brown, but you may use dark if you prefer)
and the secret ingredient is 2 tbsp yellow prepared mustard

In a medium to large sauce pan add the oil, saute the onion and garlic until the onion is beginning to become translucent, add remaining ingredients, bring to simmer over low heat 15 minutes more. Stir occasionally to keep the sauce from sticking to the pan.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment