Thursday, March 24, 2011

I decided to start a new blog

We will see how this plays out. I like to write on blogs so I thought I would share from every day stuff like my favorite recipes and maybe some photos and maybe get and give some ideas on decorating and maybe just talk. We will see how it goes. Maybe send me a message and tell me what you think.

Today's post is a recipe of one of my favorite desserts. We may have these daily or weekly. I don't know yet. But here goes! I guess I should say a little about where these recipies come from! this dessert was something my Mom used to make a lot for homecomings (family and church) and she made it up herself! It is quick and easy and if you don't want to cook much or at all, you can use Jell-o pudding and a store bought graham cracker crust, just cut back on the pineapple, etc!

Quick and easy dessert. If you like pineapple you will love this!

Pineapple Delight

9 x 13 baking dish, oven to 375, 2 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1 tbsp sugar and 1 to 1.5 sticks of melted butter stir together and press into pan and bake 10 - 15 minutes until set. Let cool.

2 cups sugar

1/3 cup corn starch

3 cups milk

3 egg yolks lightly beaten (combine eggs with milk)

combine sugar and corn starch with a wire whisk or sifter, add to heavy sauce pan, stir in milk and egg. Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly, remove from heat and add 1/2 stick butter and 1 tsp vanilla. Let cool.

After everything is cool, take 3 20 oz cans chunk pineapple (or tidbits) well drained and scatter over crust. Pour vanilla pudding over this and top with cool whip. (It takes a family size) Chill and enjoy! If you like cream cheese you can take 1 8oz softened package cream cheese and beat it, mix into cool whip and sweeten to taste with confectioner's sugar and top with it....but this makes it very rich! The cool whip alone makes it less rich.
I learned a long time ago that if you want to make candy or custard/pudding type pies that you need a very heavy saucepan. Rick got me one for Christmas about ten years ago. It is a caphalon copper kettle, very heavy and it makes great candy and custards without burning or scorching! He got it at TJ Maxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment