Friday, March 25, 2011

Easter Dinner

So the story today is about a pork tenderloin. For many years, we had a family dinner on Easter Sunday if I was not working. Whoever could come did along with many neighbors we count as family still to this day. So this particular year I was planning to serve pork tenderloin as the main meat. I bought a good size tenderloin and fixed it, put it in the oven and roasted it however long it took and when it was done, I took it out of the oven. I was about to slice it for serving when Rick came into the kitchen to see where we were with getting ready to eat, looked at the tenderloin and said, "you forgot to clean it--it still has hair on it" and was very serious. He thought I had bought a right off the pig tenderloin! I had to explain the spices I had put on the meat to roast it with. It was very funny. We teased him about that every time we cooked a tenderloin!

So to roast a tenderloin I:

Preheat oven to 350*
Wash the meat under running water
Place in roasting pan (I use Pampered Chef covered baker)
Rub thyme, oregano and pepper into meat. I use the actual spice and not the powder but both are acceptable.
Add about 1.5 inches of water
Cover and roast 28 to 30 minutes per pound to an internal temperature of at least 160*

When meat is done, I take it out of the roasting pan and let it "rest" on the platter about 5 minutes before slicing.


We serve this with dressing, taters, corn, green beans, fried sweet potatoes, corn bread and homemade white bread. And of course a wide variety of desserts! Also, don't forget the sweet tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment