- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs ( if cholesterol is a concern use the whites or 2 egg portion of egg beaters)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter. Stir into oat mixture until blended.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until set. Serve warm with milk. Yield: 9 servings.
One serving equals 318 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Originally published as Baked Oatmeal in Country Woman May/June 1993, p36