Friday, July 5, 2013

Home made "Pay Day" type bars

I've told y'all before in my other blog how every year for the Fourth of July we spend it with good friends who are like family. We all bring something and have a cookout. This year I was looking for something different and came across a recipe for home made payday bars. I made them and are they good! They were certainly a hit! 
Here's how to make them:
First spread 1 1/2 cups peanuts in an ungreased baking dish
Next:
2 1/2 tablespoons butter
2 cups peanut butter chips
Combine in a saucepan over medium heat and stir together until melted.
When this is melted remove from the heat and add 2 cups mini marshmallows and 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk and stir until marshmallows are melted. 
Then this mixture is pretty stiff. Carefully spread it over the peanuts
Then sprinkle another 1 1/2 cups peanuts over the top. 
Next, chill thoroughly and cut into bars. These are very good!

I've made these twice now. The first time I had no peanut butter chips so I used 1 cup peanut butter as a substitute. It works well flavor-wise; however the finished product is a softer set than with the peanut butter chips. I made them again today- with the chips-  much better! 

Enjoy! And let me know how you liked them!

From Moore Minutes Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment