Friday, April 20, 2012

Ice cream!

I wanted to make ice cream for a while. I have had a Cuisinart Ice Cream and Yogurt maker for 15 years or more. I love the thing but I haven't used it in several years. The bowl goes in the freezer, you take it out and add your ingredients and turn it on. It takes 30 or 40 minutes to make ice cream. So I am into Pinterest now and found a recipe using Sweetened Condensed Milk and "soda" (we all know in the south there is no such thing as soda-- all varieties are 'Coke' as in what kind of Coke do you want) to make ice cream. So, I went in the kitchen and found a 2L bottle of Big Red. I got in the Pantry and got out a can of sweetened condensed milk and got started. I poured in the milk, then the Big Red, stirred it a little, put the paddle in, top on and turned on the machine. In one half hour I had ice cream. It tasted pretty good too. I placed the remainder in a freezer safe bowl, covered it, washed and returned the ice cream bowl to the freezer for the next time. Yum! 

 
So, I suppose the recipe is:  
1 - 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 - 2L bottle of your favorite cola
 stir gently to combine and place in your freezer. Activate per manufacturer's directions. Enjoy!
Follow me on Pinterest!  

No comments:

Post a Comment