- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
You only need a half recipe for the brownies....it is so easy!No-cook fudge frosting
- 4 3/4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl mix together the powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Add the butter, boiling water and vanilla.
- Beat with mixer at low speed until combined.
- Beat at medium speed for 1 minute.
- Cool for 20-30 minutes or until spreading consistency