Chocolate Chip Muffins
May stir in 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans if desired.
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/3 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter*, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
If you don't use self rising flour, use plain flower and add 2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt.
*shouldn't substitute margarine for butter because of the water content. May cause muffins to be flat and dough-like.
Serve warm! Store leftovers in an airtight container. May warm slightly if desired before eating.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease twelve muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour and sugars, (baking powder and salt if used).
- In another bowl, stir together milk, eggs, butter, and vanilla until blended.
- Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
- Add milk mixture and stir just to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Now bake for 15-20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin to wire rack.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Remove from tins to finish cooling.
Gift idea! Bake up a batch in a decorative muffin tin, let cool, wrap in color plastic wrap and give with a copy of the recipe.
Gift idea! layer dry ingredients, one at a time ending with the chocolate chips. Copy recipe (change to say contents of jar, add eggs, milk, melted butter and vanilla with the amounts of those items), with baking directions and attach to jar with pretty ribbon.
I hope you enjoy the muffins!