Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Taters!

I love potatoes almost any way they are fixed. No cheese of any kind and no mashed taters. I'll take a baked potato any time. Add butter salt and pepper, but no mashed. So if you read my blog about getting healthier, you know I've had to change some things. But I need more change so last night for supper I tried something new for me. I took 4 small potatoes, peeled and wedged them (quartered in wedges), tossed them with about a tablespoon of olive oil, (which I've never used before), a few twists of sea salt, about a teaspoon of parsley flakes, and a pinch each of thyme and oregano. First I placed them in a shallow baking dish, added about 3 slices of onion and covered with foil, 350 degree oven, (I was cooking other stuff), after 20 minutes progress seemed slow so I covered with Saran Wrap (remember it's HOT and you must not burn yourself!!) and nuked them about 10 minutes and raised the oven to 450 degrees and removed the plastic wrap and finished them off in about 20 minutes they were done. And can I cay yum?! Yes I can. This serves 4! Beth said she often fixes taters this way and sometimes adds garlic and Parmesan cheese. Garlic I can handle.... Not cheese! Anyway. If you've never fixed taters this way, try them! It was great!! 


My taters with homemade sloppy joe on a homemade bun. All these recipes are in this blog! 

Happy cooking!
To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment